Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 5.0.0:
21 Dec 2016
Tags:advanced-file-finder batch multiple bulk mass files find search-contents search-bytes search-files find-files trial admin
Advanced File Finder
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 06 Jan 2017.
Generate file list of all files with specific name pattern, extension, properties and attributes, as well as text and binary content by recursively scanning specified directories and searching for matching files. All files can then be saved to file list; copied to a new location specified using either absolute or relative folder paths; or renamed. Program can use advanced wildcards, RegEx, and case sensitivity options when checking file names. You can specify file name patterns to exclude from search, as well as directory scanning depth. When looking for files, program can inspect file contents by looking for specific text or byte pattern. File search can be further limited by specifing file size, dates, and attribute parameters.
Process 1000s of files using multiple CPU cores in manual, automatic/continuous, triggered/scheduled, or console modes, or directly from Windows Explorer right-click menu. Save files to output directory specified using either absolute or relative path, with original or new name defined by a mask. Perform different operations on different files with conditional processing and process branching. Detailed processing logs are available in both user interface and log files. Run multiple program instances simultaneously.
Note: This is a fully functional trial version. Processed files are limited in size.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; Install-ChocolateyPackage 'batch-word-replace' 'exe' '/S' 'https://download.binarymark.com/packages/pid0340506t.exe' -checksum 'd4811047e23598af51c247e3a2434308' -checksumType 'md5'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Advanced File Finder 5.0.0||721||Wednesday, December 21, 2016||Approved|
BinaryMark © 2016
- This discussion is only about Advanced File Finder and the Advanced File Finder package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Advanced File Finder, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.