Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.9:
28 May 2019
- Stack Overflow
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved as a trusted package on 22 Aug 2020.
DnsControl is an opinionated platform for seamlessly managing your DNS configuration across any number of DNS hosts, both in the cloud or in your own infrastructure. It manages all of the domains for the Stack Overflow network, and can do the same for your.
- Maintain your DNS data as high-level DS, with macros, and variables for easier updates.
- Eliminate vendor lock-in. Switch DNS providers easily, any time, with full fidelity.
- Supports 10+ DNS Providers including BIND, AWS Route 53, Google DNS, and name.com
- All the benefits of Git (or any VCS) for your DNS zone data. View history. Accept PRs.
- Runs on Linux, Windows, Mac, or any operating system supported by Go.
- Assign an IP address to a constant and use the variable name throughout the configuration. Need to change the IP address globally? Just change the variable and "recompile."
- Super extensible! Plug-in architecture makes adding new DNS providers and Registrars easy!
- Reduce point of failure: Easily maintain dual DNS providers and easily drop one that is down.
- Apply CI/CD principles to DNS: Unit-tests, system-tests, automated deployment.
- Optimize DNS with SPF optimizer. Detect too many lookups. Flatten includes.
- Enable/disable Cloudflare proxying (the "orange cloud" button) directly from your DNSControl files.
- Keep similar domains in sync with transforms, macros, and variables.
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2015 Stack Overflow Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. The embedded software have been downloaded from the listed download location on <https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol/releases> and can be verified by doing the following: 1. Download the following <https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol/releases/download/v2.9/dnscontrol.exe> 2. Get the checksum using one of the following methods: - Using powershell function 'Get-FileHash' - Use chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' 3. The checksums should match the following: checksum type: sha256 checksum: A39522006BE2EE1DFB61940BC8887670BEE6D047F591C5ECD42EAF4270E34B58 The file 'LICENSE.txt' has been obtained from <https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol/blob/f61c584ddc77ea52ed851b6d24c4e463b7e941f2/LICENSE>
md5: 840D4B7FBAE736393F120E9CD99A04C8 | sha1: E729CA8996FE3EC297B4696B7EBC3D0512938B19 | sha256: A39522006BE2EE1DFB61940BC8887670BEE6D047F591C5ECD42EAF4270E34B58 | sha512: E7F53D37D6790A28573E0C824FE148609121FB9CA7FBE70164A7A9B05E3390B74C795A40FB38C4312D87E7186D4314AC6FB937096BE77E3DF42ADA97620FE30A
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|DnsControl 2.9||366||Tuesday, May 28, 2019||Approved|
|DnsControl 0.2.8||133||Thursday, December 20, 2018||Approved|
|DnsControl 0.2.7||118||Tuesday, October 9, 2018||Approved|
|DnsControl 0.2.6||241||Saturday, March 17, 2018||Approved|
|DnsControl 0.2.5||254||Tuesday, January 23, 2018||Approved|
|DnsControl 0.2.4||262||Thursday, December 7, 2017||Approved|
|DnsControl 0.2.3||259||Sunday, November 19, 2017||Approved|
Copyright (c) 2015 Stack Overflow
Software ChangelogIts been a while since the last release! This release rolls up a number of big changes: IGNORE() now supports wildcards/globs, require() can be used to load JSON. New provider: Exoscale. New rTypes: SSHFP and NAPTR. The duplicate record check now happens in preview, not just in push. A new flag makes it easier to use dnscontrol in a CI/CD pipeline. Plus a lot, lot, more!
- NEW PROVIDER: Exoscale (#390)
- Add SSHFP DNS record support. (#439)
- Add NAPTR support. (#461)
- Add --expect-no-changes flag to preview (#449)
- IGNORE() now supports glob pattern/wildcards (#463)
- require() now supports loading JSON too (#474)
- SPF_BUILDER() now supports setting the TTL (#476)
- CAA_BUILDER() makes it easier to add CAA records (#478)
- Check for duplicate records much earlier (#467)
- Add SIP/JABBER labels to underscore exception list (#453)
- require() now handles paths as relative (like nodeJS) (#443)
- ACTIVEDIRECTORY: Full support for managing NS records. (#450)
- NAMEDOTCOM: Improve error docs
- CLOUDFLARE: Added TLSA and SSHFP support (#484)
- CLOUDFLARE: Added options to set the target account for new domains (#430)
- CLOUDFLARE: Fix CF trying to update non-changeable TTL (#489)
- CLOUDFLARE: SPF records should be converted to TXT Fixes #446 (#480)
- ROUTE53/GCLOUD: Add Delegation/nameserver Sets (#448)
- DIGITALOCEAN: Fix #479: Filter SOA records from Digitalocean (#485)
- OVH: Fixed registrar ns correction (#486)
- OVH: Fixed DKIM when having longer keys (#487) (#488)
- OVH: Update to use newer client library (#445)
- OVH: Certify SSHFP support (#482)
- OVH: Certify that CAA support (#477)
- OVH: Documentation: Fix OVH API First Steps link (#416)
- General docs improvements (#481)
- DOC: Apply brand-preferred case (#429)
- DOCUMENTATION: Document bugid 491 (#492)
- DOCS: Fix many spelling errors (#471)
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about DnsControl and the DnsControl package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or DnsControl, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.