Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 4.3.1:
28 Mar 2015
- Puppet Labs
Tags:geppetto puppet puppetlabs ide
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing FailedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 16 Apr 2015.
Geppetto is aimed at developing tools to simplify the process of authoring and
consuming Puppet modules and manifests.
The Geppetto IDE tooling can be downloaded as a stand-alone product
or installed into an existing Eclipse IDE from
For FAQ, and more information visit the Geppetto site:
The project's foundation is a model of the Puppet DSL, along with parsers,
validators, and formatters that translate between a generated module or
manifest and its editable representation.
Corresponding IDE tooling will generate and validate modules and manifests
directly from editors, as well as streamline module publication/consumption
to/from the Puppet Forge (http://forge.puppetlabs.com/).
Tooling will be packaged for both command line interaction, i.e., an enhanced
version of the current Puppet Module Tool:
http://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-module-tool, and IDE plug-ins.
Editors will provide syntax highlighting, content assistance, error
tracing/debugging and similar capabilities, as appropriate.
The project has three near-term objectives:
(1) flatten the learning curve associated with using the Puppet DSL to
(2) support Puppet best practices for working with manifests in the form of
(3) encourage sharing of modules within the community using the Puppet Forge.
A longer-term objective will be to make it easier for a wider range of tools
to interoperate with Puppet by using Geppetto's modeling foundation as a means
of interchange; potential synergies with the
new p(0) project (http://github.com/lak/pzero) will be explored for this purpose.
$packageName = 'Geppetto' $url = 'https://downloads.puppetlabs.com/geppetto/4.x/geppetto-win32.win32.x86-4.3.1-R201501182354.zip' $url64 = 'https://downloads.puppetlabs.com/geppetto/4.x/geppetto-win32.win32.x86_64-4.3.1-R201501182354.zip' $unzipLocation = $(Split-Path -parent (Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)) Install-ChocolateyZipPackage $packageName $url $unzipLocation $url64
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- geppetto.4.3.1.nupkg (697e191bdd6b) - ## / 56
- geppetto-win32.win32.x86_64-4.3.1-R201501182354.zip (5ddade531378) - ## / 54
- geppetto-win32.win32.x86-4.3.1-R201501182354.zip (f89ee40e27e4) - ## / 54
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
- This discussion is only about Geppetto and the Geppetto package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Geppetto, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.