Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 5.3.0:
15 May 2015
- Arnold Robbins
- Colin Plumb
- David M. Ihnat
- David MacKenzie
- François Pinard
- H. Peter Anvin
- Ian Lance Taylor
- Jay Lepreau
- Jim Kingdon
- Jim Meyering
- Joseph Arceneaux
- Kaveh Ghazi
- Kayvan Aghaiepour
- Larry McVoy
- Mark Kettenis
- Michael Meskes
- Michael Stone
- Mike Haertel
- Mike Parker
- Paul Eggert
- Paul Rubin
- Pete TerMaat
- Q. Frank Xia
- Randy Smith
- Richard M. Stallman
- Richard Mlynarik
- Roland Huebner
- Roland McGrath
- Ross Paterson
- Scott Bartram
- Scott Miller
- Stuart Kemp
- Torbjorn Granlund
- Ulrich Drepper
Tags:gnuwin32-coreutils.portable coreutils gnuwin32 portable
GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable)
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 23 Dec 2015.
The GNU Core Utilities are the basic file, shell and text manipulation utilities of the GNU operating system.
These are the core utilities which are expected to exist on every operating system.
Source, pre-built binaries, installers and md5 signatures are available as gnuwin32 sourceforge files. They are presented through this nuget package without modification.
Additional information about the coreutils package can be found on the coreutils homepage.
Based on the text of the coreutils FAQ and this version's release date and source copyrights asserted in 2004 and 2005, copyright is attributed to FSF which at that time required new attributions to be assigned to FSF. A cursory search through the source finds that individual author copyright text is asserted in the source tree between 1984-2005.
Credit also unknown authors, since the AUTHORS file in source does not list every contributor for each utility, and the maintainer of the gnuwin32 tools.
# Ugh. Requires a dep zip also. coreutils-5.3.0-dep.zip $ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'gnuwin32-coreutils.portable' $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/coreutils/5.3.0/coreutils-5.3.0-bin.zip' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $checksum = 'aa7ce7f1f2befb930fb156bddea41bc4' $checksumType = 'md5' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$toolsDir" -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType # If we make the lib iconv deps another choco package, they'll never install into this package. :/ # I can either shove all the gnuwin32 into a shared directory and self-manage the individual file removals, # I can just also extract and download the deps zip here, # or I can try to manually shim things explicitly setting PATH for shims? $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/coreutils/5.3.0/coreutils-5.3.0-dep.zip' $checksum = '6cf05855b6902dffa2cf4ba8b90e82e6' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$toolsDir" -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType
$packageName = 'gnuwin32-coreutils.portable' $zipfilename = $packageName + 'Install.zip' # Does this remove shims? # Remove-BinFile # This doesn't attrib -r files before trying to delete them. # su.exe had a problem on my test system. Uninstall-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName $packageName -ZipFileName $zipfilename
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- gnuwin32-coreutils.portable.5.3.0.nupkg (32d0266681db) - ## / 56
- coreutils-5.3.0-bin.zip (5646a3c2d466) - ## / 55
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable) 5.3.0||16484||Friday, May 15, 2015||Approved|
Copyright © 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable) and the GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.