Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.4:
20 Oct 2019
- Primož Ličen and Glenn Fisher
Tags:ip4 ipv4 ipconfig external ip address
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 10 Nov 2019.
A command line utility to list the IP address of every network adapter, as well as the external IP address if the Internet is accessible.
Saves hunting through pages of noise from
By default, six columns of information are displayed for each IPv4 interface. Quiet (-q) and verbose (-v) options can adjust how much of each column is shown.
- IP address
- Status - this consists of one of the following:
- Up - The interface can transmit data packets. (When the interface is "Up" the output text for the interface is colored green)
- Down - The interface cannot transmit data packets.
- Testing - The interface is running tests.
- Unknown - The network interface status is not known.
- Dormant - The interface is not in a condition to transmit data packets, it is waiting for an external event.
- Missing - The network interface is unable to transmit data packets because of a missing component, typically a hardware component.
- LayerDown - The network interface is unable to transmit data packets because it runs on top of one or more other interfaces, and at least one of these "lower layer" interfaces is down.
- "via DHCP" - this column is used to indicate which interfaces have had their IP addresses assigned to them by a DHCP server. When an IP address is marked as "via DHCP", it means the interface is configured to obtain its IP address using DHCP, and the current IP address is not a "fallback" IP address such as would be used when DHCP failed (aka Automatic Private IP Addresses). Note: There may be edge cases where both of these conditions are satisfied while the current IP address did not come from a DHCP server.
- Network adapter name
- Network adapter description
md5: A1943EEC6084F6A544B447159E427782 | sha1: DBD3C0422082791D76F3E65D92434D8B63831BFA | sha256: 69BA244E315743A0DF4868D9FBEFC3EE6AEF626C58F68C061D21B4EF5BC19011 | sha512: 375E3EFAD75BEDA0842A48EC31941DDA96EB643DAF59E7FCD564EA6B08BBE70EC0A665387DDFD913DA4C933DE2BBE5D09249F16C671AA7AE7959FAE8E12EE0F3
From: https://github.com/Treer/ip4/blob/master/LICENSE LICENSE The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2014 [email protected] and Glenn Fisher Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. This package is published by the ip4 author. Binaries are identical to those published on the project page. .Net binaries can be compared with binaries compiled from source using JustAssembly.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
2015 — 2019 Primož Ličen and Glenn Fisher
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about ip4 (Install) and the ip4 (Install) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or ip4 (Install), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.