Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 14.4.1:
24 Oct 2013
- Chris Bagwell
- Ulrich Klauer
SoX - Sound eXchange
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing FailedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
SoX is the Swiss Army Knife of sound processing utilities. It can convert audio files to other popular audio file types and also apply sound effects and filters during the conversion.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- sox.portable.14.4.1.nupkg (d8d25ef74710) - ## / 56
- sox.exe (5c7d3950eec9) - ## / 54
- pthreadgc2.dll (1e52517fb4bb) - ## / 57
- zlib1.dll (63e5446b545c) - ## / 54
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|SoX - Sound eXchange 14.4.1||7550||Thursday, October 24, 2013||Unknown|
Newly deprecated features (to be removed in future):
Deprec- Feature [O(ption)] Removal
ated in [F(ormat)] [E(ffect)] Replacement due after
14.4.1 OpenMP < 3.0 OpenMP >= 3.0 14.4.1
14.4.1 F ffmpeg ffmpeg/avconf via pipe 14.4.1
o Fix pipe file-type detection regression. (robs)
o MAUD write fixes.  (Carl Eric Codere and Ulrich Klauer)
o Fix crash when seeking within a FLAC file.  (Eric Wong)
o Fix Ogg Vorbis files with certain numbers of channels being truncated. (Ulrich Klauer)
o Fix reading 64-bit float WAVs.  (nu774 and Ulrich Klauer)
o Fix potential buffer overrun when writing FLAC files directly via
sox_write().  (Eric Wong)
Audio device drivers:
o Check whether pulseaudio is available before choosing it as default. (robs)
o Restore 8 seconds default for spectrogram, if the input length is not known. (Ulrich Klauer)
o Set output length for splice to unknown instead of 0. (Ulrich Klauer)
o Increase maximum width for spectrograms. (Ulrich Klauer)
o Fix memory leaks in LADSPA effect. (Eric Wong)
o Fix hang in several effects (rate, tempo, and those based on dft_filter) when processing long files. [3592482, 3594822] (MrMod)
o Prevent (m)compand from tampering with their arguments. (Ulrich Klauer)
Other bug fixes:
o Fix input length calculation for combine methods other than concatenate. (Ulrich Klauer)
o Fix to configure.ac to work with Autoconf 2.69.  (cbagwell)
o Use binary mode for pipes on all Windows compilers, rather than MSVC only.  (Ulrich Klauer)
- This discussion is only about SoX - Sound eXchange and the SoX - Sound eXchange package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or SoX - Sound eXchange, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.