Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 22.214.171.124:
23 Jul 2020
23 Jul 2020
- Safer-Networking Ltd
Tags:freeware anti-malware anti-spyware anti-rootkit scanner admin
(Waiting for Maintainer to take corrective action)
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Passing and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing FailedDetails
This version is in moderation and has not yet been approved. This means it doesn't show up under normal search.
- Until approved, you should consider this package version unsafe - it could do very bad things to your system (it probably doesn't but you have been warned, that's why we have moderation).
- This package version can change wildly over the course of moderation until it is approved. If you install it and it later has changes to this version, you will be out of sync with any changes that have been made to the package. Until approved, you should consider that this package version doesn't even exist.
- You cannot install this package under normal scenarios. See How to install package version under moderation for more information.
- There are also no guarantees that it will be approved.
There are versions of this package awaiting moderation (possibly just this one). See the Version History section below.
Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a kind of threat not very well covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging.
This package installs the free version of Spybot which allows full, manual scanning of malware and rootkits. For anti-virus protection and additional features licensed versions are available. For more info, see https://www.safer-networking.org/compare-spybot-editions/
$packageName = $env:ChocolateyPackageName $installerType = 'exe' $silentArgs = '/VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SP-' $url = 'https://updates2.safer-networking.org/spybot1/spybotsd-126.96.36.199.exe' $checksum = '647cfdf796154ba0ce1786fd72f62102653f6fbfcc982e25da26579b844d966a' $checksumType = 'sha256' $validExitCodes = @(0) Install-ChocolateyPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -FileType "$installerType" ` -SilentArgs "$silentArgs" ` -Url "$url" ` -ValidExitCodes $validExitCodes ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
$packageName = $env:ChocolateyPackageName $packageSearch = "Spybot - Search and Destroy*" $installerType = 'exe' $silentArgs = '/SILENT' $spybotreg = Get-UninstallRegistryKey -SoftwareName $packageSearch $spybot = $spybotreg.UninstallString Uninstall-ChocolateyPackage -PackageName $packageName -FileType $installerType -SilentArgs $silentArgs -File $spybot
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Spybot 188.8.131.52||22||Thursday, July 23, 2020||Waiting for Maintainer|
|Spybot 2.7.64||5||Thursday, July 23, 2020||Ready|
|Spybot 184.108.40.20660327||7774||Sunday, March 27, 2016||Approved|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 220.127.116.1141130||3146||Sunday, November 30, 2014||Approved|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 2.4.40||1111||Tuesday, July 1, 2014||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 2.3.39||561||Saturday, May 3, 2014||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 2.2.25||835||Saturday, October 19, 2013||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 18.104.22.168||396||Friday, February 21, 2014||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 2.1.21||577||Tuesday, August 6, 2013||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 2.1.20||388||Monday, July 29, 2013||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 22.214.171.12430601||399||Saturday, June 1, 2013||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 126.96.36.199||370||Saturday, June 1, 2013||Unknown|
|Spybot - Search and Destroy 188.8.131.52||396||Saturday, May 4, 2013||Unknown|
© 2000 Safer-Networking Ltd
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Spybot and the Spybot package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Spybot, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.