Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 126.96.36.199:
15 Apr 2020
15 Apr 2020
Tags:microsoft visual studio visualstudio vs 2017 test controller admin
Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller
(Waiting for Maintainer to take corrective action)
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Are Exempted or Have Failed
1 Test Failing and 1 Exempted Test
Validation Testing Failed
Verification Testing Exempt:
Requires a reboot after KB2919355
This version is in moderation and has not yet been approved. This means it doesn't show up under normal search.
- Until approved, you should consider this package version unsafe - it could do very bad things to your system (it probably doesn't but you have been warned, that's why we have moderation).
- This package version can change wildly over the course of moderation until it is approved. If you install it and it later has changes to this version, you will be out of sync with any changes that have been made to the package. Until approved, you should consider that this package version doesn't even exist.
- You cannot install this package under normal scenarios. See How to install package version under moderation for more information.
- There are also no guarantees that it will be approved.
There are versions of this package awaiting moderation (possibly just this one). See the Version History section below.
Agents for Visual Studio 2017 can be used for load, functional, and automated testing. For more details, please refer to the documentation.
All package parameters are passed to the Visual Studio installer, enabling full customization of the installation. The possible parameters are described here. The package passes
--norestart --wait by default, and
--passive is specified in the package parameters.
The language of the installed software can be controlled using the package parameter
The list of languages is presented here. By default, the operating system display language is used.
This command will install Visual Studio Test Controller, display progress during the installation and specify the English language regardless of operating system settings:
choco install visualstudio2017testcontroller --package-parameters "--passive --locale en-US"
A reboot may be required after (or even before) installing/uninstalling this package.
If control over reboots is required, it is advisable to install the dependencies (esp. dotnet4.6.2 or later) first, perform a reboot if necessary, and then install this package.
Install-VisualStudio ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017testcontroller' ` -ApplicationName 'Microsoft Visual Studio Test Controller 2017' ` -Url 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/dfb60031-5f2b-4236-a36b-25a0197459bc/ffda0a48104b9efb77d817e706c04fb0317e5b3cccdf6e7164e5ee3224ef7be6/vs_TestController.exe' ` -Checksum 'FFDA0A48104B9EFB77D817E706C04FB0317E5B3CCCDF6E7164E5EE3224EF7BE6' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -InstallerTechnology 'WillowVS2017OrLater' ` -Product 'TestController' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -Preview $false
Remove-VisualStudioProduct ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017testcontroller' ` -Product 'TestController' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -Preview $false
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- visualstudio2017testcontroller.188.8.131.52.nupkg (96714789cc9f) - ## / 61
- vs_TestController.exe (ffda0a48104b) - ## / 72
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 184.108.40.206||1762||Friday, July 24, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 220.127.116.11||86||Friday, May 15, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 18.104.22.168||26||Wednesday, April 15, 2020||Waiting for Maintainer|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 22.214.171.124||150||Wednesday, March 11, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 126.96.36.199||55||Wednesday, February 12, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 188.8.131.52||62||Sunday, February 2, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 184.108.40.206||65||Wednesday, December 11, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 220.127.116.11||78||Wednesday, October 16, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 18.104.22.168||71||Monday, September 16, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 22.214.171.124||59||Tuesday, August 20, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 126.96.36.199||101||Wednesday, April 10, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 188.8.131.52||58||Sunday, March 31, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 184.108.40.206||59||Saturday, March 9, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 220.127.116.11||58||Thursday, February 21, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 18.104.22.168||110||Saturday, January 5, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 22.214.171.124||113||Tuesday, November 27, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 126.96.36.199||80||Saturday, November 17, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 188.8.131.52||82||Wednesday, November 7, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 184.108.40.206||102||Wednesday, October 17, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 220.127.116.11||90||Tuesday, October 2, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 18.104.22.168||110||Monday, September 3, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller 22.214.171.124||117||Friday, August 17, 2018||Approved|
- Package metadata updated for Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9.22 (the native installer always installs the latest released Visual Studio 2017 build).
- Updated bootstrapper url.
- Updated dependency version.
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller and the Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio 2017 Test Controller, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.