Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 19.3.3:
01 Oct 2020
Tags:sql plsql oracle-sql vscode oracle
Oracle Developer Tools for VS Code
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
1 Test Passing and 1 Exempted Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing Exempt:
Requires VS Code installation
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 08 Oct 2020.
This extension enables editing and execution of SQL and PL/SQL for Oracle Database and Oracle Autonomous Database.
- Connect to Oracle Database and Oracle Autonomous Database using EZ Connect syntax, TNS connect aliases, or ODP.NET connection strings
- Create and manage connections and track most recently used connections
- Oracle Database Explorer tree control: connect and explore the Oracle schema; view table data; view, edit and save PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions. Run stored procedures and functions with a UI for entering parameter values
- Edit SQL and PL/SQL with autocompletion of schema object names, intellisense, code snippets, and syntax coloring
- Execute SQL and PL/SQL and view and save results
- This package requires Visual Studio Code 1.32.0 or newer.
You can install either the vscode or vscode-insiders package.
- The extension will be installed in all editions of Visual Studio Code which can be found.
- While this package installs a specific version of the extension, Visual Studio Code by default will update the extension to the latest version on startup if there's a newer version available on the marketplace.
See Extension auto-update for instructions on how to disable auto-update.
- This package is automatically updated using the Chocolatey Automatic Package Update Model (AU).
If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. The Visual Code extension has been downloaded from the official Visual Studio Marketplace public gallery and can be verified by: 1. Go to the Visual Studio Marketplace page for the extension https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Oracle.oracledevtools and download the extension Oracle.oracledevtools-19.3.3.vsix using the Download Extension link in the Resources section of the sidebar. Alternatively the package can be downloaded directly from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/_apis/public/gallery/publishers/Oracle/vsextensions/oracledevtools/19.3.3/vspackage 2. The extension can be validated by comparing checksums - Use powershell function 'Get-Filehash' - Get-Filehash Oracle.oracledevtools-19.3.3.vsix - Use chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' - checksum -t sha256 -f Oracle.oracledevtools-19.3.3.vsix Type: sha256 Checksum: C26833DB496213FDF82C64CC3E602764A66AB42B395CCD2870AE792D4BA9C68F File LICENSE.txt is obtained from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items/Oracle.oracledevtools/license
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-VsCodeExtension -extensionId "$toolsDir\Oracle.oracledevtools-19.3.3.vsix"
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Uninstall-VsCodeExtension -extensionId 'Oracle.oracledevtools'
md5: 65447CDDB9AEA197DA4C572F22543477 | sha1: D64A995DDD5000E37F99962042D05A9859A12850 | sha256: C26833DB496213FDF82C64CC3E602764A66AB42B395CCD2870AE792D4BA9C68F | sha512: E43B9D45C2F7840E7113DE11295A0AB1E7CE82E55FE287D429B43CD74C25FCB26E4B303FBBF25D626C095415C06CC03EBFB4ED0C52A10C4FD762AB35FBF7A440
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Oracle Developer Tools for VS Code 19.3.3||172||Thursday, October 1, 2020||Approved|
|Oracle Developer Tools for VS Code 19.3.2||220||Saturday, January 11, 2020||Approved|
Copyright 2019-2020 Oracle
- This discussion is only about Oracle Developer Tools for VS Code and the Oracle Developer Tools for VS Code package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Oracle Developer Tools for VS Code, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.